Was writing the Oracle Service Bus Development Cookbook….
The long silence on my blog in the past 10 months has a one reason: I was really busy writing the upcoming Oracle Service Bus Development Cookbook, published by Packt Publishing.
I’m co-writing this book together with the following friends from the European SOA community:
The book contains more than 80 practical recipes to develop service- and message-oriented solutions on the Oracle Service Bus 11g.
This cookbook is full of immediately usable recipes showing how to efficiently develop on the Oracle Service Bus. In addition to its cookbook style, which ensures the solutions are presented in a clear step-by-step manner, the explanations go into great detail, which makes it good learning material for everyone who has experience with the OSB and wants to improve. Most of the recipes are designed in such a way that each recipe is presented as a separate, standalone entity and reading of prior recipes is not required. The finished solution of each recipe is also made available electronically.
The 80+ recipes are organized into the following chapters (the digit behind the title showing the number of recipes in that chapter):
- Creating a basic OSB service (13)
- Working efficiently with OSB artifacts in Eclipse OEPE (7)
- Messaging with JMS transport (9)
- Using EJB and JEJB transport (5)
- Using HTTP transport (5)
- Using File and Mail transports (5)
- Using JCA adapter to communicate to the database (6)
- Using SOA Direct transport to communicate with SOA Suite (4)
- Communication, Flow Control and Message Processing (10)
- Reliable communication with OSB (5)
- Handling Message-Level Security requirements (9)
- Handling Transport-Level Security requirements (4)
Today I have finished the review phase of all the chapters, so that production of the book can start beginning of 2012. I expect that the print book will be available in February 2012.
But the book is already available as a RAW book. A RAW (Read as we Write) book is an eBook available for immediate download and containing all the material written for the book so far. You can get it from here.
Looking forward for the print book, we hope you will like it!