After a new install of Oracle SOA Suite 11g PS2, the server starts up without any errors in logs. However after start up, I was unable to access the enterprise manager console at http://localhost:7001/em due to 404. Interestingly, I was able to access the WebLogic administration console without any issue.
I have installed SOA Suite 11g before on my local machine and have never had any issue like this before. So what could be the problem?
The answer is pretty easy and can also be found here: http://forums.oracle.com/forums/thread.jspa?threadID=984020. I just thought about documenting on my blog as well….
For the EM to be present in the domain, you have to create your domain with Enterprise Manager template selected. I have forgotten that in my installation. To check if you have EM available:
- Login to your WLS Admin Console
- navigate to Deployments.
- Check for an application named ‘em’. If it is not there, then this is the issue!
If you don’t have EM available, then you can easily extend your domain by following these steps:
- Stop your servers in the domain
- Invoke the configuration wizard ($ORACLE_HOME/common/bin/config.cmd or config.sh)
- Choose Extend Domain option. Select your domain
- Select Enterprise Manager template
- Complete the wizard
- Start your server
Now you will be able to access EM, using a URL like http://localhost:7001/em.