WebLogic Server, JDev, SOA, BPM, OSB and CEP 126.96.36.199 (PS3) available!
Today 11R1 Patchset 3 of WebLogic Server, JDeveloper and ADF, Oracle SOA Suite, Oracle Service Bus (OSB) and Complex Event Processing (CEP) has been released!
The following links provide information about new features and bug fixes for the different products/components:
Here is my list of top new features:
- With Patchset 3 Oracle supports the IBM WebSphere platform!
- Both Oracle ADF and Oracle SOA Suite can run on the IBM application server!
- Will be interesting to see the impact of that!
- BPEL 2.0 is now supported in JDeveloper
- The BPEL editor in JDeveloper now generates BPEL 2.0 code and introduces several new activities.
- BPEL got a new Assign activity dialog
- New Assign Activity supports the same drag & drop paradigm used for the XSLT mapper
- this greatly streamlines the task of assigning multiple variables
- Single JVM developer install
- Oracle SOA Suite can now be targeted to the WebLogic admin server
- there is no requirement to also have a managed server
- Minimizes the memory footprint for development environments!
- Possible before by manually intervening the setup of the domain, but now supported through a template.
You can start downloading the software from the Oracle SOA Suite Download tab:
Expand “Prerequisites & Recommended Install Process” and you will see the links for the download of the single products.
Be prepared to download several GB of software, so you better be connected to a fast network!