Installing Oracle Event Processing 12c
A week ago, Oracle released Oracle SOA Suite 12c. In this blog I will show how easy it is to create a Standalone-server environment for Oracle Event Processing (OEP) 12c.
The major new features of Oracle Event Processing 12 are the new integrated development environment based on Jdeveloper and the Event Delivery Network (EDN) event adapter nodes which provide that tight integration at runtime to SOA Suite composites and all other SOA components supporting the EDN. To read more about what’s new, read the What is new in Oracle Event Processing 12c on OTN.
Oracle Event Processing consists of the Oracle Event Processing server, Oracle Event Processing Visualizer, a command-line administrative interface, and the Oracle JDeveloper Integrated Development Environment (IDE).
The easiest way to get the Oracle JDeveloper Integrated Development Environment (IDE) is to install a SOA Suite 12c Quick Start Distribution. In this article I will show how to install and create an Oracle Event Processing server.
Before starting the installation, make sure that you have a working Java Development Kit (JDK) environment. At the moment Oracle Fusion Middleware products require JDK7.0 Update 55 or later.
Obtain the Product Distribution
Download the Oracle Event Processing from here. Find the fmw_22.214.171.124.0_oep_Disk1_1of1.zip, download it onto your system and extract it.
Installing Oracle Event Processing
1. Lauch the installation program by invoking the following command from a terminal window:
java -jar fmw_126.96.36.199.0_oep.jar
2. The installation wizard will launch and the installation welcome screen should appear
3. Click Next.
4. Click on Browse and navigate to the folder where the Oracle Event Processing home should be placed.
5. Click Next.
6. Chose Event Processing with Examples to install the event server with the example applications.
7. Click Next.
8. Click Next.
9. Click Install to start the installation. This will take a few minutes and after that the following screen should appear.
10. After the installation finishes, click Next and the following screen should show the summary of the installation.
11. Click Finish.
By that the Oracle Event Proceessing server software has been installed. In order to use it, we have to create an Oracle Event Processing domain.
Note: An Oracle Event Processing installation does not include Oracle Fusion Middleware Infrastructure, so only Standalone-server domains may be created for Oracle Event Processing. A standalone-server domain can later be incorporated into a Multiserver domain, if needed.
Configuring an Oracle Event Processing Sandalone-server domain
An Oracle Event Processing standalone-server domain contains a single Oracle Event Processing server. By default, the Configuration Wizard creates a standalone-server domain, which can be the starting point for a multiserver domain.
The Configuration Wizard is an administration tool that enables you to create a new domain or update an existing domain.
1. Lauch the Configuration Wizard in graphical mode by invoking the following command from a terminal window:
2. The Configuration Wizard welcome screen should appear.
3. Click Next.
4. Choose Create a new OEP domain and click Next.
5. In the Configure Administrator username and Password screen enter wlevs into the User name field and welcome1 into the User password and Confirm user password field.
6. Click Next.
7. On the Configure Server screen, enter oep_server into the Server name field and 9002 into the Server listen port field.
8. Click Next.
9. On the Configure Domain Identity Keystore screen enter welcome1 into the Keystore password field and Confirm keystore password field.
10. Click Next.
11. On the Configuration Options screen, accept the defaults and click Next.
12. On the Create OEP Domain screen, enter oep_domain into the Domain name field and accept the default for the Domain location field.
13. Click Create to start the domain creation process. The progress is shown on the Creating Domain screen.
14. Click Done to exit the Configuration Wizard.
Go to the domain location to see the domain just created. I have installed the domain on /u00/app/oracle/product/oep12c/user_projects/domains/oep_domain, which can also be seen on the confirmation screen above.
With the standalone-server domain in place, we can start the server.
Starting OEP server
To start the OEP server with the domain created above, perform the following steps:
1. Open a terminal window.
2. Navigate to the domain directory
3. Run the startwlevs.sh script:
You now have a running Oracle Event Processing server and can start developing and running Oracle Event Processing applications.
In order to get the Jdeveloper Integrated Development Environment, follow my other blog Installing Oracle SOA Suite 12c Quick Start Distribution.